Friday, January 15, 2010

A series of notes to self... to remind me...to awaken me...




To leave the armchair, to take wing to all those places I have been to, a million times in my dreams.
To Egypt...

To stand in the shadow of the Great Pyramids of Giza and whisper a question 'how were they made?...and see if the great stones would whisper the answer,

To ask The Sphinx a riddle which will make his absent nose twitch,

To stand in front of the Temple of Abu Simbel and blow a kiss to Ramesses II and see if the Lady of Abu Simbel - Nefertari would mind,

To float on The Nile, fall down the six Cataracts of the Nile, to close my eyes and picture the beauty and splendor of Thebes, Luxor and Karnak when Osiris walked Egypt in each pharaoh,

To see for myself if the Nile crocs are as vicious as their reputation goes and if the lazy hippos mind a canoe bumping into them,

To ride a camel across the beautiful sand dunes on a moonlit night,

To hold a handful of the sand which might have witnessed the victorious return of Ramesses II after the great Battle of Kadesh,

To hope a khamsin would transport me to Ancient Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...