So… I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. After a few searches on Google and after visiting the blog of Ashish who nominated me, I found that it is a blogger to blogger award. Well, looks like a few people actually read my blog. And here I thought I was just using my blog as some sort of public diary!
The Liebster blogger has to follow a certain protocol if nominated… the instructions being:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the nominator.
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria.
- Set 11 questions for them.
- Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
Without further ado… I start with the first objective in the protocol…
11 things about myself.
Whoa… that’s kind of difficult, I have been rushing through life without ever doing a figurative pirouette in front of my mind’s mirror. Anyway, here’s what I can come up extempore.
- For a little background, I am an Electrical engineer, all high voltage… and shocking to say the least.
- I am hyper-imaginative… spinning fantastic worlds in my head, which I often reside in…. and sometimes write about.
- I hate cooking and sewing even though I am in awe of people who can do them without losing patience.
- I love, love, love cars… I am crazy about them… I would want nothing more than be locked up in a showroom full of supercars… maybe with a little drive-circuit attached… and a library; which brings me to the next point…
- I am mad about books. I read like it is gonna go out of fashion in a day. I have an ever growing library with some 500 books at the moment.
- There has been a recent change in my attitude… from being a cynical girl who mocked love and relationships, I have turned in to a romantic. Though my idea of romance has nothing to do with hearts, flowers, cuddly toys and candy or the colours red and pink.
- I like poetry… and I am a big fan of sher-o-shayari. Ghalib to Gulzar to the Nawaab… poetic words and ghazals can sweep me off my feet.
- I have a huge tolerance for all kinds of music. Metal, hard rock, soft rock, pop, R&B, reggae, hip-hop, classical, alternative… I have ears for them all.
- I do creative art… painting both traditional and digital, illustrations and sketches.
- I work as a freelance architect / interior designer and graphic artist… in my spare time.
- Travel and dreams of wanderlust inspire me… if I could afford to I would backpack across the world soaking in the beauty, culture and cuisine of this planet.
Answers to 11 questions set by the nominator:
- Who is your favourite author?
Keeps changing… at the moment it is Wilbur Smith.
- What is your profession?
I am at the moment between jobs. Taking a break to let my creative flux take over. Otherwise, I am an engineer. I also freelance as an architect/designer/graphic artist.
- Apart from blogging, your hobby?
Reading, sleeping and dreaming!
- How many hours do you spend on blogging?
Not as much as I would like to.
- What/who inspired you to write?
- Do you feel, you could be a writer in the near future?
Self-improvement is a continuous process… so yes… definitely yes.
- Choose one: Money or Fame. Why?
Fame. Money is easy. Fame leaves a legacy.
- Are you socially active?
Not as much as I used to be. These days my social interactions have honestly become limited to social media.
- What came first egg or the chicken?
Technically, the egg… if Darwin is right, life started as a single cell and the egg is a single cell in its humblest form.
- Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?
To give it meaning! :D
- Why is Liebster award so obsessed with the number 11?
It is the Goldilocks number! :D
11 bloggers I think are interesting… in no particular order:
- Harish Rao
- The Nawaab
- Deepa Duraiswamy
- Mathew Jacob
- Debajyoti Ghosh
- Aniket Jha
- Blogwati Gee
- Amit Agarwal
- Saru Singhal
- A Homemaker's Utopia
11 questions for the bloggers.
- Why do you blog?
- A favourite quote and why?
- What’s your greatest pet peeve?
- What’s that one thing you appreciate the most?
- Productivity or Creativity? What’s more important to you and can the two be combined?
- Are you a day-time person or a creature of the night?
- What does the word ‘Speed’ remind you of?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s your poison?
- Do you have nickname (not a pet-name) and why are you called that?
- The topic / category / label you find yourself blogging the most about?