Sunday, February 03, 2013

And the Liebster goes to…





So… I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. After a few searches on Google and after visiting the blog of Ashish who nominated me, I found that it is a blogger to blogger award. Well, looks like a few people actually read my blog. And here I thought I was just using my blog as some sort of public diary!

The Liebster blogger has to follow a certain protocol if nominated… the instructions being:
  • Post 11 things about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions set by the nominator.
  • Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria.
  • Set 11 questions for them.
  • Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
Without further ado… I start with the first objective in the protocol…

11 things about myself.

Whoa… that’s kind of difficult, I have been rushing through life without ever doing a figurative pirouette in front of my mind’s mirror. Anyway, here’s what I can come up extempore.
  1. For a little background, I am an Electrical engineer, all high voltage… and shocking to say the least.
  2. I am hyper-imaginative… spinning fantastic worlds in my head, which I often reside in…. and sometimes write about.
  3. I hate cooking and sewing even though I am in awe of people who can do them without losing patience.
  4. I love, love, love cars… I am crazy about them… I would want nothing more than be locked up in a showroom full of supercars… maybe with a little drive-circuit attached… and a library; which brings me to the next point…
  5. I am mad about books. I read like it is gonna go out of fashion in a day. I have an ever growing library with some 500 books at the moment.
  6. There has been a recent change in my attitude… from being a cynical girl who mocked love and relationships, I have turned in to a romantic. Though my idea of romance has nothing to do with hearts, flowers, cuddly toys and candy or the colours red and pink.
  7. I like poetry… and I am a big fan of sher-o-shayari. Ghalib to Gulzar to the Nawaab… poetic words and ghazals can sweep me off my feet.
  8. I have a huge tolerance for all kinds of music. Metal, hard rock, soft rock, pop, R&B, reggae, hip-hop, classical, alternative… I have ears for them all.
  9. I do creative art… painting both traditional and digital, illustrations and sketches.
  10. I work as a freelance architect / interior designer and graphic artist… in my spare time.
  11. Travel and dreams of wanderlust inspire me… if I could afford to I would backpack across the world soaking in the beauty, culture and cuisine of this planet.


Answers to 11 questions set by the nominator:

  • Who is your favourite author?
Keeps changing… at the moment it is Wilbur Smith.
  • What is your profession?
I am at the moment between jobs. Taking a break to let my creative flux take over. Otherwise, I am an engineer. I also freelance as an architect/designer/graphic artist.
  •  Apart from blogging, your hobby?
Reading, sleeping and dreaming! 
  • How many hours do you spend on blogging?
Not as much as I would like to.
  • What/who inspired you to write?
Pure ennui!
  • Do  you feel, you could be a writer in the near future?
Self-improvement is a continuous process… so yes… definitely yes.
  • Choose one: Money or Fame. Why?
Fame. Money is easy. Fame leaves a legacy.
  • Are you socially active?
Not as much as I used to be. These days my social interactions have honestly become limited to social media.
  • What came first egg or the chicken?
Technically, the egg… if Darwin is right, life started as a single cell and the egg is a single cell in its humblest form.
  • Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?
 To give it meaning! :D
  • Why is Liebster award so obsessed with the number 11?
It is the Goldilocks number! :D


11 bloggers I think are interesting… in no particular order:

  1. Harish Rao
  2. The Nawaab
  3. Deepa Duraiswamy
  4. Mathew Jacob
  5. Ashish
  6. Debajyoti Ghosh
  7. Aniket Jha
  8. Blogwati Gee
  9. Amit Agarwal
  10. Saru Singhal
  11. A Homemaker's Utopia


11 questions for the bloggers.

  1. Why do you blog?
  2. A favourite quote and why?
  3. What’s your greatest pet peeve?
  4. What’s that one thing you appreciate the most?
  5. Productivity or Creativity? What’s more important to you and can the two be combined?
  6. Are you a day-time person or a creature of the night?
  7. What does the word ‘Speed’ remind you of?
  8. How long have you been blogging?
  9. What’s your poison?
  10. Do you have nickname (not a pet-name) and why are you called that?
  11. The topic / category / label you find yourself blogging the most about?



8 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the award!! by the way, i enjoyed reading some of your posts but didn't comment because you don't like comments (of course, i didn't understand some of those design related posts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahemmm!... Of course, I like comments! :P
      And am glad you enjoyed at least some of my posts. It's just that if your comment is all praise, then I am suddenly shy... yeah... I don't really know how to handle compliments about anything other than how pretty I am! :P

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Surya..May you get many more awards on your way..:-)And Thanks a lot for nominating me..I'm honoured..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me Surya! This is an honor! I'll work on answering these questions over the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award. Even I like poetry and cars, specially the beamers. I like cooking too, so whenever you happen to be in same city, you are most welcome. BTW, in my yearly new-things-to-learn list, this year's pick was Crochet and to my utter disappointment, I learnt it in a day. Sewing is boring, that's why I opted for crochet. Thanks a ton for nominating me. It's an honor.

    I am sorry, I don't tag so I will answer your lovely questions here. Hope that's Ok with you.:)

    Why do you blog?
    I want to share my work with everyone out there. Though my other blog is more of a digital diary of books I read.

    A favourite quote and why?
    To maintain a fault known is a double fault- John Jewel. It has actually helped me in tough situations.

    What’s your greatest pet peeve?
    Nothing as such.

    What’s that one thing you appreciate the most?
    Writing

    Productivity or Creativity? What’s more important to you and can the two be combined?
    Can't choose and yes, we can combine. I do that all the time :)

    Are you a day-time person or a creature of the night?
    I was nocturnal before marriage. Now I'm not :(

    What does the word ‘Speed’ remind you of?
    Ducati

    How long have you been blogging?
    One and a half years

    What’s your poison?
    Water

    Do you have nickname (not a pet-name) and why are you called that?
    Not that I know of...:)

    The topic / category / label you find yourself blogging the most about?
    Women and I scared that if I blog on that category any more I have to don a cotton saree :D

    Thanks again for the award and I loved reading about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saru!
      Nice to read about you... I guess in a way this questionnaire helps us know our fellow bloggers better.
      It's fine you don't tag... I would have preferred not to myself but it is my first time so I just went along.

      Delete
  5. Hearty congrats Surya:)
    Thanks a whole lot for nominating me:)
    I'm honored and grateful to you:)
    All the best! May you have many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the nomination! After a bad few weeks of laptop mess and pathetic internet, I finally am catching up on posts and blogging! :) It was nice to read about you! :) So finally we have an answer to the egg or chicken question! :) I have posted the award on my blog. Here's the link.

    Cheers,
    Deepa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...