Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just one of those days...







There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
(And) when she gets there she knows if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.

“With a word she can get what she came for”

Now that is the line I fell for…  And I believe I get by with it in most cases… except of course, with my parents!

Now why can’t life be just that simple… if the stores are closed and if I want something, I say it and I get it! How hard that can be? Simple needs, simple deeds are all that I want and expect in life and yet life gets as convoluted as your earphones the moment you need to plug them in to listen to your fav song on radio! It is crazy… and it isn’t how it should be.

There isn’t any deep meaning I want to glean out of this life of mine. There are 6.7 billion others on this planet who can pass through their lives gleaning the meaning of it all and a hundred times more philosophy that they can spew that may or may not be of any use to me. 

Selfish that I am… all I want is to live my life in peace and to get what I want. If you stand in my way you would get added to that hit-list in my li’l red book… and someday… it would be your eyes looking down the barrel of a shotgun (quite literally too if I can just manage that arms license)… but that would be too easy… it would be a veiled blow… a steel fist in a velvet glove slamming your nose in!

Cranky mood, ain’t it? I think I need a drink… or maybe just an ice-cream. And all will be well again… rainbows in spring and soft music in every heart!

3 comments:

  1. that was cool. u r one those bloggers i have kinda bookmarked so that i can enjoy that 5 minutes of read (yeah i take a lot of time to read).

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Debajyoti: My blog is just a place for me to rant... wen am angry or upset. Better the internet than taking out my anger/irritation on the others around.

    @Deepak: Those four lines are from 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin... a rocking rock song that fits my life like a silk glove.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...